Thursday, 17 September 2020

A little bit too much.


“Doctor, I only came in for a circumcision—and I woke up like this!” Mr Williams sat upright in the hospital bed, staring at the unfamiliar woman reflected in the bedside mirror. The doctor glanced down at his clipboard. “Yes, Mr Williams. There was a slight complication during the procedure. We had to transplant your brain into somebody else’s body.” “A slight complication?” Williams pointed at his reflection. “You’ve put me in a woman!” “The transplant itself was a complete success.” “What happened to my original body?” The doctor stopped turning the pages. “I’d like to focus on your recovery.” Williams stared at him, then slowly pulled the blanket up to his chin. “I want to speak to whoever’s in charge.” “Of course.” The doctor reached for the curtain. “Your wife’s already speaking to them.” “My wife knows?” The curtain opened. “Oh, she knows,” his wife said. “I’ve spent twenty minutes trying to find out why they’ve charged us for the circumcision.”

No comments:

Post a Comment